ProStart Virtual Student Competition
Give Us Your Best Pitch!
Attention ProStart! We’re hosting our first virtual student competition and will be awarding $1000 to one student for their Best New Restaurant Concept!
Final Competition - April 21, 3pm ET on ProStart Facebook Live
Tune in on Wednesday, April 21 at 3pm ET to watch the top three student pitches and listen in as the judges ask their questions. The judges will decide who they think has the best restaurant concept, and the winner will be announced live and take home $1,000 (and win grant money for their classroom)!
Meet the Judges:
- Michael Santos, CEO, Tailored Food & Beverage
- Sheree Mooney, Chef Lecturer/Instructor, The Collins College of Hospitality Management at Cal Poly Pomona
- Emily Crawford, Director, Impact at Inspire Brands Foundation
The judges will decide who they think has the best restaurant concept, and the winner will be announced live and take home $1,000 and win grant money grant for their classroom!
During the judging break, we will be joined by ProStart industry supporters from Ecolab, Coca-Cola, and Nestlé Professional for a panel discussion and Q&A on industry careers. Viewers can submit questions in the comments on the Facebook Live to be answered live!
Finalists must attend the live session to be eligible for the grand prize. All finalists will be contacted by ProStart via direct messages by April 16.
Here’s what needs to be in your pitch:
- Your restaurant name
- Its location
- The restaurant specialty or concept. Is it fast casual, fine dining, farm-to-table, vegan fast food with a focus on sustainability – what's your restaurant serving up?
- The restaurant’s community impact. How would YOU build a restaurant that gives back to the community?
Your pitch will be judged on:
You pitch should be no longer than 60 seconds so you can upload to Instagram or TikTok.
- Community impact
- Real world application and viable business model
For questions about the ProStart pitch competition, email firstname.lastname@example.org.