Registration for the 2017 NRAEF Summer Institutes is now open!
- Registration will be open from March 2 through May 11.
- Registration for the Spotlight Series is password protected and requires approval from Ashley Bennett. Please email at email@example.com for the password.
- 2017 Cancellation Policy may be found here
During NRAEF Summer Institutes, educators have the opportunity to:
Here is what some of the ProStart educators had to say:
- Work towards earning the NRAEF Certified Secondary Foodservice Educator certification
- Learn from faculty composed of nationally-recognized content experts
- Network among peers
- Tour restaurant and foodservice facilities
“This is the second Summer Institute I attended and I found each of them to make a tremendous impact on my teaching.” - Delaine Stendahl, 2014 Level 2 participant
“As a culinary educator, more importantly a ProStart culinary educator, I can tell you there is nothing more valuable to your professional development than the NRAEF summer institutes!” - Sandra Hawk, 2014 Spotlight Series participant
Level 1 - Basic
Begins with an overview of the restaurant and foodservice industry, and leads into kitchen and management essentials.
Food safety, kitchen essentials, stocks, sauces, soups, management essentials
Learn more details about Level 1, including a sample agenda
Level 2 - Advanced
Topics include core culinary techniques, operational excellence, and career basics.
Level 1 or waiver
Meat, poultry, seafood, customer service, fruits and vegetables, purchasing
Learn more details about Level 2, including a sample agenda and the waiver application
Level 3 - Mastery
Level 3 concludes culinary techniques, before branching into timely topics like sustainability and global cuisines.
Level 1 or waiver, and Level 2
Sustainability, Baking, Global Cuisines, Marketing
Learn more details about Level 3, including a sample agenda
Content is determined by the host school, and is timely and topical.
Level 1 or waiver, Level 2, and Level 3
Previous Spotlight Series Topics:
Greening your kitchen, Farm-to-plate menus, Artisan bread baking, Coffee roasting, Pastry, Chocolate
Learn more details about the Spotlight Series, and the 2017 session information