None. Educators can waive out of Level 1 - waiver can be downloaded here
This session begins with an overview of the restaurant and foodservice industry, and includes valuable information about kitchen and management essentials. Explore communication and skills and gain an in-depth knowledge of culinary basics from mise en place
through cooking methods.
- Introduction to the industry
- Food safety
- Workplace safety
- Kitchen essentials 1: Professionalism, standardized recipes
- Kitchen essentials 2: Equipment, mise en place, cooking methods
- Stocks, sauces, and soups
- Management essentials: teamwork, leadership, hiring, orientation, training
- Teaching pedagogy
Registration for the Summer Institutes will open March 2021.
Registration for the Summer Institutes is $400 and includes:
Please note: The course can be conducted from anywhere with an internet connection; therefore, no additional costs are covered by the Registration fee.
- Summer Institutes level-specific curriculum
- Video lecture and demonstration content
- Live office hours with your post-secondary instructors
- Supplemental instructional resources and materials
- Access to the digital learning platform and exam
- Ability to network and collaborate with fellow educators
- Virtual opening reception and orientation
- 26 Continuing Education Hours (CEHs) certified by the American Culinary Federation
- Certificate of Completion from NRAEF