As a secondary educator specializing in restaurant management and culinary arts, you have the opportunity to obtain certification to demonstrate your knowledge of the foodservice industry.
Certified Secondary Foodservice Educator Certification
The Certified Secondary Foodservice Educator certification (CSFE) was developed for educators at the secondary level to:
- Improve and enhance restaurant and foodservice knowledge
- Develop technical and teaching skills
- Satisfy certification and credential requirements of state and local school districts and professional and trade associations
CSFE Certification Requirements
In order to achieve the CSFE certification, the following is required:
- Associate degree or an equivalent from an accredited institution or from a recognized teacher education institution
- Certified under contract with school district or Temporary Certified Educator under contract with the school district
- Complete the Requirements of the Basic, Advanced and Mastery Levels 1, 2, and 3 of the Summer Institutes and pass certification test for all levels
- Complete 120 hours of industry experience as outlined in the Internship Requirements (Please see application form below for Internship criteria)
- Submit a Unit Lesson Plan based on Industry Experience
Download the CSFE Application Form
The CSFE certification requires ongoing professional development to keep the certification current. To renew your certification you must earn 80 hours of Continuing Education Hours (CEH) within five years of acquiring the credential. Keep copies of your letters, certificates, transcripts, etc. in order to keep track of your progress.
Download the CSFE Renewal Application